South Granville FFA Cookout

After our weekly meeting at the state FFA office, I headed on over to South Granville High School’s annual cookout. It was held at beautiful Sanding Beach Falls Lake Recreation Center, and I arrived right in the middle of an intense game of tug-of-war. Now this is no exaggeration; they had a tug of war rope that was not only meant to be pulled back and forth with two ends, but had four sides! Needless to say I was impressed!
After some fun, we sat down to a wonderful dinner. Now we’ve been told as officers that we will be tired of BBQ by the end of our officer year because one thing we NC FFA members have in common is our love of good food, but I have to say South Granville set the bar high for some great BBQ. 
To end the meeting, the chapter officers led group activities after I gave my remarks. From toilet paper mummies to a game of Ninja, they’re games got everyone laughing and working together. I have no doubt that this chapter will have an amazing year after this great start!

Katie Cauthen, State Vice President

No comments:

Post a Comment