Chapter Visit - Central Cabarrus

A visit to my home county...who could object to that?! After class I headed west so that I could attend the first meeting of the year for Central Cabarrus High School. The wonderful officer team greeted me in full official dress, and then completed their opening ceremony. 
After the officers got the meeting started off right, I took over for a little while in order to discuss what FFA truly is and some opportunities that each and every student has within this organization. I was so excited to hear what things interested those students, and what things they considered to be their biggest skills. Each activity that they do or skill that they have can be linked to being an FFA member in some way. Whether it was fishing and hunting, which can apply to hunter’s safety and envirothon, or speaking skills, which could lead them to compete in public speaking CDEs, they did it all! 
After finishing my part of the meeting up with an “oreo clap” as requested by Sarah and Ally, we mingled and got to know each other over ice cream. This was most definitely an awesome visit! 

Katie Cauthen, State Vice President

No comments:

Post a Comment